Manuscript edit - 3000 words and under
What you'll get:
- An annotated copy of your document
- A written editor's report
- A 30 minute editorial phone call or Zoom meeting
Your editor's report will cover the following:
- Plot: what's working, where there are issues, how it sits alongside genre expectations etc
- Character: development, depth, motivation, interiority, point of view etc
- Structure: narrative arc, pacing, narrative flow, worldbuilding etc
After you've received your report and your annotated document, we'll schedule a time for our call or Zoom meeting, where you can ask me any questions that you might have about the edit or anything else relating to your document. I'll identify sections that could do with a bit more work and make suggestions where appropriate, but I'll never tell you what to do with your manuscript: you're the writer and the final decision always rests with you.
Please note that this is NOT a copyedit. While I might highlight typos or grammatical inconsistencies where I spot them, copyediting (also known as line editing) is a different type of edit altogether and is not a service I provide.
By booking an editorial package you agree to be bound by the Terms & Conditions.